Musclesport Tudca (Tauroursodeoxycholic acid) is a water-soluble bile acid that shows great ability to treat liver cholestasis (bile acid accumulation and backup in the liver) via counteracting the toxicity of regular bile acids. These toxic bile salts can be damaging to cells by destroying the membranes and signaling for cell death. TUDCA supplements compete with this toxicity and thus indirectly protect cells from death. TUDCA is especially beneficial for those engaged in a strength training program who also take oral performance enhancement products. These products can often inhibit the production and flow of bile from the liver which can have long-term, negative consequences.
- Reduces liver and endoplasmic reticulum stress.
- Enhances insulin sensitivity.
- Helps eliminate toxins and protect against potentially harmful oral compounds.
- May offer neuroprotective effects.
TUDCA supplementation may also reduce endoplasmic reticulum stress throughout the body, not just in the liver. The endoplasmic reticulum is the organelle within cells that transports proteins out of cells. As a result, there are widespread uses of TUDCA for potentially enhancing nitrogen balance, reducing cholesterol, increase neuroprotection, and positively influence thyroid hormones in fat loss. In addition, research on daily TUDCA supplementation has found huge increases to insulin sensitivity! The 30% increase in insulin sensitivity in this study is one of the greatest on record.*
TUDCA stands for tauroursodeoxycholic acid. It is a bile acid that helps counteract other bile acids that become toxic. Supplementation with TUDCA has a diverse array of therapeutic potential.
- Reduces liver enzymes and liver stress by as much as 50%.
- Reduces cholesterol absorption.
- Enhances sensitivity to insulin.
- May be neuroprotective.
- Has potential to facilitate fat oxidation at higher doses.